Friday, February 11, 2005

Worst. Date. Ever.

since my love life here in my sleepy little non-tolerant town is all but nonexistent, i have decided to share with you a story of my dating past. now, normally i do not go on dates. (and NO, i don't just hook up either. though lately that claim is questionable.) i usually find them to be these nervous things where two people get visibly frustrated whilst trying to come up with decent conversation. or maybe that is just my inability due to my strong distaste for smalltalk. but i digress. i did go on a date once with someone who i wasn't too interested in but went out with anyway and what follows is the horror that was and will *hopefully* never be again. enjoy.

someone brought to my attention that was once here was a very mean-spirited post. and after reading it again i would have to agree. sharing stories from my past might make for good blog fodder, but this one was unduly harsh. even though im quite certain that the date in question (along with most of the rest of the world) doesn't read my blog, it needed to go - for karma's sake, at least.

lets just suffice it to say that i went on a date, it wasn't good. bad conversation and an oral hygeine situation. but i am judgemental and at the time was increasingly superficial.

here's hoping that i won't have that type of complicated date situation again. but here's hoping that someone who is so awful and consistently swimming in the shallow end of life actually gets invited to go on another date at some point in my life.