Friday, December 10, 2004

Danger, DANGER! High Voltage!

my hell is over. and as it turns out, all those hours logged and all that sleep lost was totally worth it.

i had some very smart people look at my work and they really really liked it. and it would seem that they also really really liked me - or my brain as it were. i am so excited i can barely stand myself. ::sigh::

so now that all of this is over, i have some tough realities to face:
im moving.
to harlingen.
for a month.

ouch.
that sounds horrible.

the good news is that the first of the year seems to be a shake things up time for the ad industry and people might be hiring soon. ive gotten some contacts that seem interested enough to ask for a hard copy of my work to give to their employers and whatnot! so maybe i won't be unemployed for the rest of my life! maybe ill be able to actually move to nyc and get a job and swim around in the big pile of nuthin that will be my starting salary! i can't WAIT.

and in addition to all of this, a coincidence of epic proportions just unfolded mere moments before this post. well, not epic. im new to this kind of enthusiasm and im afraid i tend to exaggerate. but that's neither here nor there. back to the coincidence. so i check my commetns and realize i had overlooked a url that M.N. had sent me whilst i was in the throws of nonsenssical depression about my job status. scroll down a few entries, it's there. so i followed the link and it took me to the blog of some fellow that works in nyc at an advertising agency that one of my friends works with. so i read a little and i look a little and then i see that he is not only a copywriter at my friends' agency, but an alumni from the same advertising program i just graduated from. so i look a little more and i discover that he is also one of the smart people i saw about my work. and so i messaged him immediately because i am crazy and should not be left to my own devices. not so exciting for anyone but me, i am well aware. but i am practically bursting with an annoying "its a small world after all" type high about it all. and on that note, i think i will sign off. this current mood could lead to endless hours of horn-tooting and after a few paragraphs, its hard to keep it fresh. peace out.