Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Oh L'amour. She's a motherfucker, no?

somebody stole my ipod. the universe hates me and i will laugh uncontrollably when the thief in question is committed for all of eternity into the hottest corners of hell reserved for people who steal things that really mean a lot to other people. ha ha ha. that's me laughing.

oh today started off so well too! i held off blogging for a while so that i would actually have something interesting to write about, but i think i waited too long so now there are a million things to write about and considering the day i have, i don't know if im up to the task. so we're making it a two parter.

so. i went home for the weekend to visit with my parents (read, beg them to rescue me from what is becoming an increasingly desperate financial situation. note: i am not destitute or anything and am managing to pay my bills just fine. what i am not managing to do however is save money which makes an interstate move to a city with much more expensive real estate all but impossible.) while this was certainly the primary reason for going, i was eager to get away from this town and all the problems herein. so the weekend just flew by. my parents, while sympathetic to my cause were not moved to open their wallets by any of my pleading, hair pulling, or a very dramatic and needless to say colorful interpretive dance. they did however feed me and my mom hijacked my pile of dirty laundry and before i could protest (i was asleep) she washed and folded all of it. i love her.

but the real story is not in my hometown. it is here. where, after returning from my weekend of leisure, i have had the most extraordinary couple of days. first things first. i was chatting with the crush and because all the feelings and blah blah blah are gone, i have become the most amazing conversationalist. i was charming but casual and funny without being desperate. so much so that he now thinks he completely misjudged me and wants to start dating me. which would usually be the best news ever, except the entire time he was telling me this i was thinking "too bad, so sad. ive found my soulmate and we are to be wed."

more on this next time.