Friday, December 31, 2004

Year in Review

it has been far too long since ive written. truth. so to make up for it im doing a superpost. buckle up kiddies, here we go.

forget what i wrote last time. god loves me. and so does the cellist. i couldn't be happier in austin, right before i move away. le sigh. ive spent too long musing about what a LDLTR (long-distance, long-term relationship) might be like. and it makes me want to cry. but im forgetting all of that for right now because i just recently discovered something by accident that makes my soul hurt and my eyes tear. one of the nicest people i know is terminally ill. yes virginia, life is terribly unfair. so now, its time to reflect, give thanks, and pray.

this has been one hell of a year. lots of emotions, lots of growth. but i think my feelings can best be expressed in song:

January 1st - 2004: the only way is up - milkshake - talk to me, like lover do - love profusion - love ridden - like you don't love me -somebody told me - son of a gun - all by myself - temped by the fruit of another - ive got you under my skin - new york, new york - take me out - summertime - working nine to five - watch me shine - thank you for beinga friend - miami - moving on up - nothing fails - bed of lies - im a bitch - martyr's tune - hurt - natural blues - brush your shoulders off - no more drama - combat baby - 99 problems - the only way is up - December 31st.

in the new year, i will be:

in love.
employed.
forgiven.
forgotten.
baptisized by fire.
punctual.
fit and trim.
flirty.
thrifty.
brave, clean, and reverent.