Thursday, May 19, 2005

pick me up, ive landed.

the texas kids came into town yesterday to show off their shiny new portfolios in the big city, and my favorite professor who "chaperones" these sorts of things called and invited me to go out with all of 'em to a one club gallery opening of new talent and then dinner (which i thankfully forgoed in favor of 10ยข wings and the best beer ever. and in doing so i learned what the best part of getting a job really is. the best part of being recently employed is that to everyone else still looking, you are living the impossible dream and therefore a rock star. or maybe just a recognizeable television star. local tv anchorman. at least.

so i met up with some soon to be graduated kids (i use the term loosely as they are all oder than me and carrying newly printed master's degrees.) and had some beers and gave them some sage advice that only a wisened old man of 22 could give. but they were buying me beer, so i thought best to humor them.

a couple pints later (and on a school night! for shame.) we went to go meet up with some other bright young things and program alums at another bar. en route, i thought it would be hilarious to give somebody "the fastest piggy back ride of your life!" and for about 20 seconds, it probably was.

but then i ate it. hard. and bloodied up my hands and knees something awful - so much so that i bought a huge bottle of hydrogen peroxide at the drugstore today and am currently bathing myself in it every hour on the hour.

but in better news, despite my insistence of plunging myself further and further into a nuerosis filled crazy, almost everyone i work with is trying to set me up with someone they know. now.. im wary of any fix-ups..but i think they all felt really bad for me about mr. adorable and how excited i was and subsequently how crushed i was at getting blown off. (no seriously, what's up with that? ::sigh::) today my office wife RS said to me "you need to get back out there. because if you don't you are going to have no mans. and my friend, you are knock knock knocking on sad gal door. and nobody likes a sad gal." (she borrowed it yes, but it was completely appropriate.) and i have a date this weekend. and my hands are going to be in bandages. hrmm.