Monday, May 23, 2005

i hate karma.

this morning on my way to work, i saw the saddest thing i have ever seen. ever.

it was an old sikh man with full beard and turban. he was standing oustide of the subway station clearly confused. and i can't say that i blame him for it. one day he must have woken up and realized that he is a shaking shadow of his former self and goddammit he was going to do something about it! so he went to the store and picked up a box of just for men in deep mahogany to match his raven-like eyebrows. but something went horribly wrong in the process and the full beard that he must, for religion's sake, keep long is now orange.

i can not begin to describe how much this one event in my life effected me.

mostly because i judged him mercilessly for it for about 5 seconds.
and then i realized that i had toilet paper stuck to my shoe. and had walked with it for about 5 blocks.

will the first person who reads this PLEASE email me so that i may direct you to my home where you should quickly suffocate me with a pillow because i am far to embarassed to ever show my face again.

and what's more, i can't figure out if the toilet paper that i carried with me on my shoe came from MY bathroom or if i just picked it up on the street. i feel dirty.