Sunday, May 29, 2005

how fucking romantic

so mr. adorable finally contacted me again.

he apologized for being MIA and told me its because he's becoming an alcoholic and that he's not completely comfortable with being gay and meeting me really scared him because he likes me but isn't ready so all he wants is a friendship.

and i said, "well that's all your getting outta me, rummy. you can't not call for two weeks and expect me to still want you." so clearly, im crazy and a liar.

so i decided that i shouldn't be looking for a man anyway. the new city is scary enough without having to subject strangers to my new crazy personality. so i let my good friend J.E. take me out and we decided together that what i really need most are friends. so naturally when my friend E.S. said her ridiculously taller than me friend told her i was cute and she watned to set us up i said, "is he free this weekend?"

i went on the date today.
and he is the sweetest thing.
but he's not perfect.

i am going to die alone.

in other news - dr. faustus' book reading was really great, not counting the entire first half i spent fidgeting and trying to conceal the fact that i was sweating profusely and completely out of breath from the 20 block sprint i took to get there because i was late. and he liked my clothes. of course i was too paralyzed with fear to say anything other than "THANKS!" and then quickly run away. im crazy, so i compensate with a blazer.

and ive decided to join a gym. once my hands heal from last week's piggy-back mishap. but the question is, what gym should i join? the really fancy one with all of the cute guys and classes that i will most likely NEVER go to? or the inexpensive one with no cute boys or classes that i will probably NEVER go to?